Content continues to rule most marketing techniques, and there is proof to support my assertion.
Basically, content marketing is an important aspect of any digital marketing strategy, whether you’re running a little regional organization or a large multinational corporation.
After all, material is indisputably the extremely lifeblood upon which the web and social networks are based.
Modern SEO, for all intents and functions, has actually effectively ended up being enhanced content marketing as Google needs and benefits businesses that develop content showing Expertise, Authority, and Dependability to the advantage of their consumers.
Material marketing involves developing and sharing important, relevant, amusing, and constant material in numerous text-based, video, and audio formats.
The primary focus needs to be on drawing in and maintaining a clearly defined audience, with the supreme goal of driving rewarding consumer action.
However with a lot material being produced and shared every day, it’s important to remain upgraded on the current patterns and best practices in material marketing to keep pace.
To help you do just that, here are 30 content marketing statistics I think you should understand:
Content Marketing Usage
How many organizations are leveraging material marketing, and how are they preparing to find success?
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, 73% of B2B online marketers and 70% of B2C marketers use content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy.
- 91% of marketing pros surveyed by Semrush attained success with their material marketing in 2021.
- A B2B Content Marketing Research Study carried out by CMI discovered 40% of B2B marketers have a recorded material marketing technique; 33% have a strategy, but it’s not recorded, and 27% have no strategy whatsoever.
- Half of all online marketers state they contract out some content marketing.
- The pandemic increased content usage by 207%.
Material Marketing Method
What strategies are content online marketers utilizing or discovering to be most efficient?
- 83% of marketers think it’s more reliable to produce greater quality material less often.
- In a 2022 Statista Research Study of online marketers worldwide, 62% of participants said they thought it was important to be “constantly on” for their clients, whereas 23% believed content-led interactions were most efficient for tailored targeting purposes.
Types Of Material
Content marketing was synonymous with publishing blogs, but the web and content have evolved into audio, video, interactive, and meta formats.
Here are a few stats on how the numerous types of content are trending and performing.
- The leading three kinds of content being created by marketing teams in 2022 consisted of videos, blogs, and images.
- Brief articles/posts (83%) and videos (61%) are the top 2 content types that B2C marketers utilized in the last 12 months. Their use of long-form articles increased to 42% from 22% in 2015.
- Short-form video content like Buy TikTok Verifieds and Buy Instagram Verified Reels is the most efficient kind of social media content.
- 40.8% of marketers stated initial graphics (infographics, illustrations) helped them reach their marketing goals in 2020 (Source: Venngage)
- 72% of B2C marketers expected their organization to buy video marketing in 2022. (Source: CMI)
- Brief material (300-900 words) draws in 21% less traffic and 75% less backlinks than posts of average length (900– 1200 words.) (Source: Semrush State of Content Marketing 2022)
- Interactive material sees 52.6% more engagement than fixed content, with purchasers investing an average of 8.5 minutes viewing static material products and 13 minutes on interactive material products. (Source: Mediafly)
It is not simply adequate to produce and release material.
For a material method to be successful, it should include dispersing content by means of the channels frequented by a service’s target audience.
- Buy Facebook Verified was the top distribution channel for B2C marketers in the previous 12 months and the channel that drove the best results. (Source: CMI)
- B2B marketers reported to CMI that LinkedIn was the most typical and top-performing organic social networks distribution channel.
- 80% of B2B online marketers who utilize paid circulation usage paid social media marketing (Source: CMI)
As soon as content reaches an audience, it is necessary to understand how an audience consumes the material or acts as a result.
- A 2021 DemandGen research study revealed 62% of those making B2B purchase choices stated they relied more on practical material like case research studies and visual material, such as webinars, to direct their purchasing choices and mentioning a greater emphasis on the credibility of the source.
- Buyers are willing to invest no more than 5 minutes reviewing most content formats. (Source: DemandGen Content Preferences Survey)
- In a recent post, blog writer Ryan Robinson reports the typical reader spends 37 seconds reading a blog site.
- 65% of respondents to DemandGen’s study said they offer more credence to peer reviews, user-generated material, and third-party publications/analysts vs. company-generated material.
Material Marketing Efficiency
Among the main factors content marketing has removed is its capability to be measured, optimized, and tied to a return on investment.
- B2C marketers reported to CMI the top 3 objectives content marketing helps them to accomplish are developing brand awareness, building trust, and informing their target audience.
- Material marketing generates 3 times as numerous leads as standard outgoing marketing but costs 62% less (Source: CMI).
- 56% of marketers who take advantage of blogging say it’s an efficient method, and 10% state it produces the greatest ROI (return on investment). (Source: Hubspot blog research study)
- Over 60% of marketers measure the success of their content marketing technique through sales. (Source: Hubspot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
Content Marketing Budgets
Spending plan modifications and the desire to purchase specific marketing methods are excellent indicators of how popular and efficient these methods are at a macro level.
The following stats definitely seem to show marketers have bought into the worth of content.
- 61% of B2C online marketers in CMI’s 2021 research study stated their 2022 material marketing budget plan would exceed their 2021 budget plan.
- 22% of B2B online marketers said they spent 50% or more of their total marketing budget on material marketing. Additionally, 43% saw their material marketing budget plans grow from 2020 to 2021, and 66% anticipated them to grow once again in 2022. (Source: CMI)
All forms of marketing included obstacles connected to time, resources, knowledge, and competition. Acknowledging and resolving these obstacles head-on with well-thought-out strategies is the very best way to overcome them and realize success.
- Top challenges included “attracting quality leads with our content” (41%), “generating enough traffic and promoting our content” (39%), “creating material that resonates with our audience” (31%), and “proving the ROI of our content” (30%). (Source: Semrush’s State of Content Marketing 2022)
- Changes to SEO/search algorithms (64%), modifications to social media algorithms (53%), and information management/analytics (48%) are among the top issues for B2C marketers. (Source: CMI)
- 47% of individuals are looking for downtime from internet-enabled devices due to digital tiredness (Source: EY Survey)
Time To Start
As you can plainly see and possibly have already recognized, content marketing can be an extremely reliable and affordable method to produce leads, construct brand name awareness and drive sales.
Those happy to put in the work of constructing a recorded material technique and performing it by producing, dispersing, and optimizing high-value, pertinent customer-centric content can enjoy substantial company rewards.
Included Image: Deemak Daksina/Best SMM Panel