Many law firms are simply leasing area when it comes to their online marketing.
Whether it’s Google pay-per-click (PPC) ads, Buy Facebook Verified Advertisements, or social media, these channels often yield just short-lived wins. As soon as you pull the investment, your results disappear completely.
Your site, on the other hand, can be a 24/7 selling tool for your law office practice. It can efficiently become your biggest possession, getting leads and cases while you sleep.
In this guide, we’ll speak about how to turn your website into the supreme marketing tool for your law practice and create seven figures in income for your company.
A Well-Optimized Law Practice Website Can Yield Huge Results
With your law firm’s site, you can use content marketing to your advantage to produce rewarding outcomes for your service. Material and SEO permit you to draw in users organically and convert traffic passively into new cases for your law practice.
As an example, a high-ranking web page in a competitive market getting 1,000 users each month can get substantial results:
- Convert visitors at 2-5% = 20-50 leads.
- Transform even 10-20% of leads = 2-10 cases.
- Average $8000 revenue per case = $16,000-$80,000 month-to-month revenue from one page.
Throughout a year, this might result in high six-figures to seven-figures in profits!
The Foundations Of A Revenue-Generating Law Office Site
At its core, your law practice website should serve to speak with the needs, struggles, and interests of your target audience. It must be laser-focused on your practice location, who you serve, and what you have to provide.
With this in mind, a well-crafted site content strategy ought to define:
- Your company goals (the cases you want).
- What competitors are doing.
- What pages to compose and keywords to target.
- How to utilize your material spending plan.
- Your editorial calendar.
- The purpose/intent of each page.
- PR and backlink technique.
Listed below, we’ll dive deeper into how to establish this method, construct out incredible material, and accomplish your seven-figure income goals.
1. Define The Cases You Want
The first step to establishing a successful website marketing method is to specify the kinds of legal cases you want.
This activity will help you identify the types of individuals you wish to reach, the type of material you must create, and the kinds of SEO keywords you require to target.
That method, you wind up marketing to a more particular subset of potential clients, instead of a broad range of users.
Not sure where to set your focus? Here are a couple of concerns that might help:
- Which of your cases are the most successful?
- What kinds of cases are you not getting enough of?
- In what markets are you greatest?
- In which markets do you want to enhance?
- Are there any practice areas you want to explore?
At the end of this activity, you may choose that you wish to bring in more household law cases, foreclosure law cases, or DUI cases– whatever it is, getting hyper-focused on the types of cases you wish to draw in will just make your website marketing even stronger.
2. Identify Your Leading Rivals
One of the best methods to “hack” your website marketing method is to find out what’s working for your rivals.
By “rivals” we mean law firms that are working to attract the kinds of cases you’re trying to attract, at the exact same level at which your law office is currently running.
I say this because I see numerous law firms trying to out beat and outrank the “big” fish and this can seem like a losing battle. You want to set your sights on your closest competitors, increase above them, and then get more competitive with your strategy.
Here are a few methods to identify your closest competitors:
- Conduct a Google search of your legal practice area + your service area (e.g., “household law Kirkland”, “DUI attorney LA”, “Denver probate lawyer” etc). Remember of the top-ranking domains (i.e., sites).
- Usage SEO tools like Semrush or Ahrefs to search your domain name. These tools will often emerge close competitors to your domain.
- Using the exact same tools above, perform natural research study on your domain to see what keywords you are already ranking for. Browse these keywords in Google and see what other domains show up.
- Use these tools to figure out the domain authority (DA) of your domain. Compare this to the other top-level domains to see which domains have an authority score that resembles your own.
Be sure to take a look at your known service rivals as well.
These may or may not be ranking well in Google Search, however it’s still worth a peek to see if they are targeting any high-priority keywords that your site ought to be targeting.
3. Conduct A Content Audit Of Your Site
Your next action is to perform an audit of your current site. This will permit you to analyze what content is performing well, and what material needs improvement.
Initially, start with your primary service pages.
Use SEO tools like Semrush or Ahrefs again to examine the rank (position), performance, and keywords of each page. Determine any pages that are ranking low, or not at all.
Then, discover “low-hanging fruit” pages. These are the pages that are ranking around position 5-10. They need less effort to enhance to reach those higher rank positions– compared to pages ranking at, say, place 59.
Next, utilize the very same tools to conduct a “gap analysis” (most SEO tools have this feature).
This compares your website’s efficiency to that of your closest competitors. It will show you a list of keywords that your rivals are ranking for that your website is not ranking for at all.
Lastly, create a stock of what pages you already have, which require to be revised, and which you require to produce. Doing so will help you remain arranged and stay on job when establishing your material strategy.
4. Plan Your Material Silos
By this action, you will have a respectable idea of what pages you already have, and which pages are “missing out on” from your technique (based on the list of keywords you are not yet targeting).
From here, you will prepare what’s called “content silos”.
Here is the standard process:
- Evaluation an existing service page (if you have one) and optimize it as best you can. Preferably, this is a page that’s currently performing well and is otherwise a “low-hanging fruit” page.
- If you do not have any existing service pages, create one based upon one of your high-priority keywords. Again, these need to be a keyword that is suggested to attract your favored kind of cases.
- Next, develop a “silo” of content around your main page. To put it simply, develop brand-new pages that are topically related to your primary service page, but that target a little various keywords (preferably, “long-tail”, lower competition keywords).
- Add internal links in between these pages and your primary service page.
- Over time, build backlinks to these pages (through guest posting, PR, material marketing, etc)
Below is an example of a material silo approach for “personal injury:”
Image from author, November 2022
5. Identify Supporting Subjects
As part of your site content technique, you’ll then want to produce other supporting content pieces. This should be content that offers value to your potential clients.
Frequently asked questions, blog sites, and other service pages can support your main pages.
For instance, if you are a DUI legal representative, you may wish to release a frequently asked question page that attends to the primary concerns clients have about DUI law, or a post titled “What to Do When You Get a DUI.”
There are a few tools you can utilize to research supporting topics:
- Semrush– Use this tool to recognize untapped keywords, material topics, and more.
- AlsoAsked — Determine other concerns people have actually looked for pertinent to your main subject.
- Answer the general public– Use this search listening tool to identify topics and questions connected to your practice area.
Below is an example of how the complete content silo can come together for “Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer:”
Image from author, November 2022 6. Develop An Editorial Calendar As soon as you have all of your content concepts down on paper, it’s time to develop your
editorial calendar. This is essentially a strategy of what material you require to produce when you want to publish it, and
what keywords you plan to target. This can be as simple as a Google Sheet or as elegant as a task management tool(like Monday.com or Asana). Here are a couple of suggestions to get you started: Constantly focus on main pages. These ought to be the first content pieces you create on your
website. Produce or modify your primary pages and
- monitor their efficiency. Usage Google Analytics and other SEO tools to keep your eye on how
- your content is performing. Depending on budget and seriousness, you might start with all main pages, or go silo by silo. Determine which service pages are essential to you.
- You can develop all of your main pages at once, or establish the entire silo as you go. Keep a record of your target keywords. Just because you” optimize “for them does not imply your material will immediately rank for your target keywords.
- In your editorial calendar, keep an eye on the keywords you want to target– by page– so you have a record of your original SEO strategy. What Makes A Winning Law Firm Website Method? The key to accomplishing 7 figures with your law firm site is material. Material enables you to target
your ideal clients, attract your favored cases, engage your audience, therefore far more. A well-thought-out content method will empower your website
to accomplish more for your organization than any other marketing channel could! Above, I detail a couple of actions to developing this type of
winning method. However, achieving excellence takes some time. I suggest keeping your eye on the prize, keeping track of performance, and making updates as you go along. This will assist you reach your desired outcome. More resources: Included Image: PanuShot/Best SMM Panel